Curtains or blinds – blinds or curtains? Either or, you can instantly enhance or update a room by adding the right one. But what exactly are the right curtains or blinds? Adding a stylish pair of custom made curtains can bring the whole room together and create a finished look. At the sawme time, blinds can be very eye-catching with more of a practical edge.
Deciding on the right curtain and blind can make a dramatic difference to both the appearance and feel of a room. Do you want the window dressing to be the focus of the room by injecting colour? Or, do you need the solution to be more neutral so you can change your furniture without having to replace the curtains?
Design is always full of choices and options and we have a wide range of curtains, blinds and all the accessories you need to dress any window and any space. So how can you choose the right product for your room?
Before deciding on a particular type of curtain or blind it’s worth considering what you are trying to achieve in the room. Are you looking for practicality, a brand new style for your room or maybe a little of both? Are you trying to keep a room cosy in the evenings or shade a bedroom from early morning sunshine?
The first step is to determine the use of the curtain or blind. Deciding on your room’s requirements from the beginning will help you make the right choice – ensuring you get the most from your window furnishing. Secondly, think about the appearance and size of your window – this will help you to decide on the most suitable type of furnishing (curtains or blinds).
Heavier curtains – draw the eye, transforming a large window into a furnished feature.
Lighter blinds – can add subtlety, making a small window appear larger.
So, curtains or blinds – what’s perfect for you? Both types of window dressing offer a variety of different benefits and features.
We’ve outlined the key advantages of each option below.
Curtains are great for:
- Decorative flair – sumptuous full-length curtains made from one of our luxurious range of fabrics add the finishing touches, furnishing any room.
- Protecting upholstery – voiles and curtains act as a great way to protect soft furnishings from exposure to direct sunlight, helping minimise the risk of sun fade on delicate materials.
- Keeping the room warm – drawing curtains can help eliminate draughts and wasted heat, helping to reducing fuel costs and being more energy efficient.
Blinds are great for:
- Praticality – easy to fir and even easier to use – you can even trim some types of blinds to fit specific window sizes.
- Value – blinds offer a great economical solution for effective and attractive window dressing.
- Space saving – with no need for holdbacks or poles, blinds are less obtrusive than curtains and ideal for small windows or recesses.
- Extra Humidity – rooms such as kitchens and bathrooms are prone to higher humidity and condensation. Blinds are fantastic for these rooms as they are more suited to withstand these conditions.
Always come to us for a free consultation and get the best match for your home.
Curtains Place Sdn Bhd
No 9, Jalan Teknologi 3/3A,
Taman Sains Selangor 1,
Kota Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya,
T +603 6151 9899
E [email protected]
FB Curtains Place Sdn Bhd