Posted | 0 comments
10 January 2011,
Inno Design Tech Expo
This year the Inno Design Tech Expo (IDT) celebrates its six editions featuring 383 exhibitors from 11 countries and regions. Japan is this year’s IDT Expo Partner Country and Japanese design is lighting up the fair everywhere, with nearly 70 graphic, interior, product and technology design exhibitors with their signature design style –the minimalist.
Japanese design highlights include:
• The Kansei Design Showcase, designed to connect people and the products they use in their every day life one of the key highlight in this area is the famous Japanese 9 hours Capsule Hotel.
• Japan Design 2010, featuring some of Japan’s best-known brands and also some of young blood in Japan design industry.
• And the Japan Graphic Designers Association Exhibition, presenting the work of some 90 graphic designers under the welcome theme of “Romance”.
For the first time German design joins IDT featuring top German brands and award winning products such as Rimowa. German is going to be the Partner Country for the seventh edition of IDT.
Beside these strong two design nations pavilion Hong Kong also showed the design power by having the Hong Kong Creative Force pavilion. The Hong Kong Creative Force pavilion offered some of Hong Kong’s top advertising, design and architectural professionals’ services. One of the interesting features in this pavilion is the corner which featured some of the Hong Kong well known product and design characters.
Business of Design Week
Running alongside with the SME Expo and IDT Expo is another highlight of the year – Business of Design Week (BODW) featuring the wealth of design and design talent from the Partner Country Japan. The key activity for the BODW is the back-to-back design forums and seminars featuring topic on the business of Brand & Design, Fashion & Apparel, Product & Design, Space & Design Interactive & Multimedia Design, Communications & Design and Business of Intellectual Property (BIP).
Among the key highlights for the seminar was the seminar by Mr. Masaaki Kanai of MUJI, Japan on the topic of Management Philosophy for Design and during this sharing session the speaker shares many of the design story behind the product of MUJI. The other key seminar speakers are:
• Mr. Toshio Yamagata of Shiseido, Japan on the topic of Communication Design about Beauty.
• Mr. Toshiyuki Kita – the world-renowned product designer of IDK Design Laboratory, Japan on the topic of The Age of Design.
• Mr. Masaaki Sakai of Canon Inc, Japan on the topic of Mission Of CANON Designers.
Besides the Partner Country Japan, Hong Kong the hosting city also offers numerous exciting design seminars to share their design works, among them are:
• My Works, My Inspirations 2010 by Mr Lee Chi-Wing of Milk Design, Hong Kong.
• Hotel ICON by Mr. Richard Hatter of Hotel ICON, Hong Kong.
• Tai O Police Station by Mr Philips Liao of Philips Liao & Partners, Hong Kong.