Posted | 0 comments
Home Theater Video Display Design & Calibration
09 August 2012,
WHAT IS ISF- IMAGING SCIENCE FOUNDATION
ISF is the premier display standards organization and is exclusively focused and dedicated to improving the quality of electronic imaging.
Since 1994, IMAGING SCIENCE FOUNDATION, founded by MR.JOEL SILVER has been running numerous professional trainings throughout the years in US and EUROPE, in order to help video manufacturers,dealers and integrators deliver the superior image quality.
Only for those whose has passed the advanced trainings and tests, will obtain the professional ISF certification as a CERTIFIED ISF CALIBRATOR to deliver the best possible images to clients.
WHAT IS ISF CALIBRATION ?
ISF calibration helps home video displays deliver the best possible image quality. Most televisions and home video systems display wildly inaccurate images when first installed. Manufacturers deliberately boost the brightness, contrast and color settings to unnaturally high levels to show these devices off amidst the fluorescent glare of an electronics showroom. Once the display enters a home theater or living room environment, calibration corrects errors such as distorted picture geometry, artificially sharp edges and overemphasized red tones. The good news is that most displays come equipped with a full set of user controls and service menu adjustment capabilities that can be accessed and optimized by an ISF CERTIFIED CALIBRATOR using sophisticated test and measurement equipment to perform a professional calibration.
WHAT DO WE NEED TO CALIBRATE ?
* Analyze and optimized source and input setup.
* Brightness or Black level.
* Contrast or White level.
* Color decoder.
* Sharpness ( eliminate false enhancement )
* GRAYSCALE ( Color Balance ) to the D65 Standard
* COLOR GAMUT ( where adjustment available )
* Focus ( projection technology )
* Geometry, Centering, Sizing
* Convergence ( CRT )
BENEFITS OF CALIBRATION:
• Displays a sharper focused, full resolution image.
• Shows full detail in both the darkest and brightest parts of all scenes.
• Is properly matched to the video system and the viewing environment.
• Maintains the same accurate color balance in both picture lowlights and highlights.
• Produces a full range of accurate colors, including flesh tones, grass, sky, and sports jerseys.
• Produces a “film look” comparable to 35mm pictures or cinema theaters.
• Displays film qualities as the cinematographer intended.
• Minimizes picture artifacts (distortions).
• Is easier on your eyes.
• Lasts up to twice as long as a display with factory default settings.
Acoustic & Home Theatre Design Master, USA Architectural Acoustic Design & Development Certified Professional, TsingHua University, Beijing
Imaging Science Foundation ISF, USA Level 1 & 2 Certified Professional THX Certified Video Professional Level I & II, US
mobile 6012 289 0122
Acoustic & Home Theatre Design Master, USA
Architectural Acoustic Design & Development Certified Professional, TsingHua University, Beijing.
Tomlinson Holman Experiment
THX, USA Level 1 & 2 Certified Professional
mobile 6012 236 8897