Owning a home can be coined as the investment of a lifetime and these days, home ownership is on the rise amongst Malaysian millennials1, thanks to improvements in economic infrastructure. These millennials are the future of homebuyers and they tend to furnish their homes with durable household appliances that can be maximised for the long-run2. Indeed, economic decisions can be made for the household, but did you know that home appliances can also help in supporting these busy individuals with a better, balanced life while saving more on their electricity bills?
Well, Samsung Malaysia Electronics has introduced a new line-up of innovative digital appliances that might just be the solution to saving time, space, energy and money in the long-run. Just exercise good household habits and voila – welcome to a greener, more efficient and sustainable lifestyle!
Half the wash time, double the lifestyle
Samsung’s new and improved Front Load Washer with QuickDrive™ allows for busy working millennials to get their laundry done as efficiently as possible, without wasting water. QuickDrive™ technology reduces the washing time by up to 50% and energy use by 20%, while the AddWash™ feature lets you add in forgotten clothes after your wash cycle has already started. As such, this allows you to be more productive with the freedom to get more tasks done without having to wait around for the washing cycle to complete!
Taking fast cooking to new levels
Too busy to cook or facing a lack of time to make dinner? Fret not. Samsung’s Convection Microwave Oven with HotBlast™ allows you to cook more hearty meals in shorter amounts of time using minimal electricity. The HotBlast™ technology is a new method that reduces cooking times significantly, as hot air is powerfully blown through multiple air-holes, so the food is cooked faster and evenly with a crispy outside, but juicy inside. When you’re not cooking, ECO Mode is enabled and the power used to maintain essential functions becomes minimal, thus reducing energy consumption and saving you money on electricity bills.
Adapting to your changing lifestyle
It is essential that food ingredients are kept fresh at all times. Samsung’s Top Mount Freezer with FlexZone features Twin Cooling Plus™ technology that cools the fridge and freezer compartments, maintaining a moisture level of up to 70%4, so food stays fresh for longer periods of time. FlexZone™ offers flexible storage, converting your freezer into a fridge to keep all the fresh food you need for various special occasions. Now you can be more economical, purchasing your fresh groceries in bulk without the need to worry about storage space and where to store them. Worry about excessive energy consumption? Don’t be, as Samsung’s all-new Freezer comes pre-installed with Digital Inverter Technology (DIT), which allows the compressor to operate at variable speeds unlike the standard single-speed compressor, resulting in superior energy saving, longer lifespan and lesser noise5.
Slim new design, powerful cleaning
Thanks to Samsung’s POWERbot vacuum, spring cleaning becomes a whole lot easier with optimal cleaning results. The automated vacuum features the world’s most powerful suction with 70x more suction power6, so removing dirt and debris is easily dealt with without clogging, even in hard to reach areas.
You can even remotely control the robot vacuum with your smartphone7, anytime and while you are away from home! Alternatively, turn on the POWERbot and let it do the vacuuming for you, as it is built with an onboard digital camera – Visionary Mapping™ Plus System – that helps to determine the ideal cleaning path by creating a complete map of your home, so your floors are left squeaky clean.
Fast cooling while saving energy
With Malaysia’s hot and humid weather, we always stay indoors so that the air conditioner will keep us cool. This, however, often leads to large energy consumptions and high electricity bills. Counter that by opting for Samsung’s Inverter Triangle Air Conditioner to conserve energy. The Samsung Air Conditioner features an innovative triangle architecture that cools the air up to 43% faster 8 with more air flow, so you can quickly feel more comfortable. It also features the Digital Inverter Technology (DIT), which is able to stably maintain a desired temperature over long periods of time, hence eliminating the need to frequently turn the air conditioner off and on. Thanks to this, you’ll be running a highly energy-efficient air conditioner that will help you to stay comfortable and sweat-free throughout the day.
What Can You Do To Conserve Energy?
It’s not only about having the right products – how you use appliances in your home can make a big difference too, so it is important to practice good household habits. Each of us has a role to play in making the only habitable planet we have greener for our children. Here are a few habits that you can adapt in your daily lifestyle to make a difference in energy consumption at home.
- When doing laundry, wash your clothes with cold water. It can save up to 5 times more energy than a warm wash. Pile one week worth of laundry and washing it at once will save you time and water!
- Set your air-conditioner on timer. You will save cost on your electricity bills. Also, ensure all windows are properly shut so in the cool air isn’t compromised!
- Make the habit of closing the fridge door while you’re going back and forth to unload your groceries. Better yet, categorise your groceries and store fridge items all at once so you can avoid the multiple opening and closing of the fridge door.
- Some examples of energy vampires in your home are your computers and your televisions. Get in the habit of unplugging all sleeping or not-in- use appliances. It will not only save you cost, but save you energy in the long run as well.
3. Tested on WM6800M compared with Samsung WW6500K. Saves 50% time on Cotton (40°C) cycle with washing performance within ±3% and up to 20% energy on Cotton (40°C, half load) cycle, based on Intertek test data.
4. Based on Samsung Internal Testing Results.
5. Tested on Samsung DIT Motor compared with Samsung non-DIT Motor based on internal test data.
6. Based on SLG testing results done in Germany in 2015-2016 as compared to conventional models of Samsung and other brands.
7. Requires wireless network and Samsung Smart Home and Smart Connect App.
Images and text by Samsung