In a special live announcement on 16 Mar 2020 at 10pm to address the COVID-19 situation, Malaysian Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin declared that a nationwide Movement Restriction Order will commence from 18 March. As of 25 March, the order has been extended to 14 April 2020 (updated).
In summary, these are the key points of the announcement.
1. Government announces movement restriction from 18/3-14/4 (updated) throughout the country.
2. This restriction includes cancellation of all religious activities, social activities. All religious houses closed except for grocery stores and essential stores.
3. All Malaysian’s banned from travelling overseas.
All Malaysians returning from overseas to be on self quarantine for 14 days.
4. Banning of all foreign tourists
5. Closure of all schools, kindergartens, public and international schools until further notice.
6. Closure of all universities and colleges until further notice.
7. Closure of all government and private offices excluding essential services such as water, post office, power, petrol station and TV, banks, ports, airports, groceries.
Read the official speech here: https://www.pmo.gov.my/2020/03/perutusan-khas-yab-perdana-menteri-mengenai-covid-19-16-mac-2020/
Official speech on the extension: https://www.pmo.gov.my/2020/03/perutusan-khas-yab-perdana-menteri-25-mac-2020/
Creative Home urges all our readers to stay home, stay safe and stay positive during this time. To help you with protecting yourself and your family against the coronavirus at home, here are some tips from official sources to make things easier: http://www.creativehomex.com/ch-healthy-home-special-protect-home-family-coronavirus-covid-19-prevention-tips-official-health-sources/